Collection Gowns or Made to Measure Sizing
We offer standard sizes 0-16 as listed below. If your measurements are in different sizes please select the largest size and have it altered by your local reputable seamstress. It is much easier to take in a gown to fit you than to take it out. If you are unsure about what size is best for you please let us help you by e-mailing your measurements to hello@KathrynLeeBridal.com.
If you are in multiple different sizes, have a large bust measurement, have a short or long torso, or just don’t fit in to the norm (who does?) and would like to ensure a better fit we offer a made to measure option. We provide specific instructions for your local tailor or seamstress to measure you and we use these measurements to create a custom pattern just for you. We can not guarantee a perfect fit with this option and slight alterations may be necessary.
HELPFUL TIP: Measurements are more accurate wearing slim fitting clothing. Do not take measurements over baggy clothing. A camisole and leggings are ideal for taking measurements. Please wear proper undergarments similar to what you plan to wear on your wedding day.
Standard Sizing Chart for Collection Gowns
How to Measure for a Collection Gown
Bust - Measure around the fullest part of your bust. Be sure to keep the measuring tape horizontal.
Waist - Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waistline, above your navel and below your ribcage.
Hips - Measure around the fullest part of your hips and bottom. This is approximately 8-10” below your natural waist.
Length - Measure from the highest point of your shoulder to the floor in front of your body and going over the fullest part of your bust. You should be wearing shoes with the same heel height and platform as your wedding shoes. Extra length is available on most gowns for an additional fee.
Made to Measure Sizing
Our graphic below includes pictures with lines and descriptions.
- Bust: Measure around the body at fullest part of bust.
- Upper Bust: Measure around the body right above bust.
- Under Bust: Measure around the body at right below bust.
- Waist: Measure around the body at smallest part of waist. This is usually 1 inch above belly button.
- Hip: Measure around the body at the fullest part of the hip.
- Mid-Thigh: Measure around both legs with feet hip distance apart.
- HPS to Bust: Measure from high point shoulder to fullest part of bust (where Bust measurement was taken)
- HPS to Waist:
+ Front : Measure from high point shoulder to true waist (where Waist measurement was taken) in front.
+ Back: Measure from high point shoulder to true waist (where Waist measurement was taken) in back.
- HPS to Hip: Measure from high point shoulder to fullest part of hip (where Hip measurement was taken)
- HPS to Knee: Measure from high point shoulder to middle of knee cap in front.
- HPS to Floor:
+ Front (and back): Measure from high point shoulder to floor in front (going over fullest part of bust).
+ Back: Measure from high point shoulder to floor in back.
- Front: Measure from groove at the base of the neck (hollow) to the waist (where Waist measurement was taken) along the center in the front.
- Back: Measure from top spine bone at base of neck to waist in the back.
- Side Length: Measure from underarm to waist (where Waist measurement was taken) along side seam.
- Shoulder Across
+ Front: Measure from tip of shoulder to tip of shoulder along the front.
+ Back: Measure from tip of shoulder to tip of shoulder along the back.
- Across Chest: Measure from armhole to armhole in the front.
- Across Back: Measure from armhole to armhole in the back.
- Across Bust: Measure from side seam to side seam at fullest part of bust (where Bust measurement was taken).
- Apex to Apex: Measure from nipple to nipple (Fullest part of bust)
- Cup Size: A, B, C, D, DD, etc.
ANOTHER HELPFUL TIP: When measuring around the body make sure to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor. HPS (high point shoulder) is the point at which the shoulder meets the neck.